8.08.2012

Chocolate Chip Chocolate Pudding


Not that pudding is difficult to make, but this is even easier because there's no mess in chopping chocolate!  You can use 6 oz. of bar milk chocolate if you have no chips, and it will taste just as good.

Chocolate Chip Chocolate Pudding
Source:  Cooks Country
Makes 4 servings

1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
3 T. cocoa powder
3 T. cornstarch
1/4 t. salt
2 3/4 c. whole milk
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1/2 t. vanilla extract

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.  Whisk in the milk and cream until smooth.  Stir in the chocolate chips and bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally.  Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and large bubbles appear at surface, 2-3 minutes.  Off heat, stir in the vanilla.

Transfer the pudding to a large bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding {to prevent a skin from forming}.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until completely cool.

Keeps, refrigerated, for up to 3 days.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Oh gosh. I've had such a terrible chocolate craving lately... I know what I'm making tonight!

Spencer said...

Looks absolutely delicious! I love a good chocolate pudding and your recipe looks great.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Chocolate pudding, does it get any better than that. I love it ice cold with a huge dollop of whip cream. Your recipe sounds great!

Janet said...

I am going to have to create a password for my RSS feeds. If DH finds this one, I'll be making it daily! LOL!

Looks great!

Staci at Life At Cobble Hill Farm said...

Too funny! :)

Staci at Life At Cobble Hill Farm said...

Thanks all! Yes, it is absolutely delicious!