8.05.2012

Grilled Corn-On-The-Cob


If you haven't tried your corn-on-the-cob grilled you are in for a treat.  That smoky flavor the grill imparts coupled with the sweetness from the corn is downright delicious.

Take the ears and peel the husk back about 3/4 of the way down, trying to not remove them from the cob.  Some pieces will fall off but as long as you retain enough to cover the cob you're ok.  Carefully remove and dispose of the silks.  Pull the husk back up around the cob and set aside.  Repeat with all ears of corn.

Soak the corn in a sink of water, to just cover the corn, for 10-20 minutes.

Meanwhile, preheat your grill {charcoal or gas will work}.  Grill the corn over direct heat for 12-20 minutes,  covered.  The length of time depends on how done you like your corn.  I turn mine and shift their position on the grill at least twice during this cooking time.


Carefully remove the husks {I use a potholder} and serve.

5 comments:

Janet said...

One of my favorite summer treats! Between corn on the cob, peaches, and dirt grown tomatoes... I love summer!

Beautiful photos! Thanks.

Anna said...

I've always thought about trying this but haven't. Glad to know I should soak the cobs first. Unfortunately our second crop of corn didn't make so we'll have to wait until next year or buy some!

Cindy said...

I haven't ever tried it on the grill! I need to do that! Good tip about soaking the ears first! My name is Cindy and I blog over at Vegetarianmamma.com I wanted to invite you to link up your recipe at our Gluten Free Fridays Recipe Link up party! It happens every Friday and we'd love to have you join us with some of your awesome recipes or tip, just like this one! You can find this week's link up here: http://vegetarianmamma.com/gluten-free-friday-recipe-link-up-1/
Thanks, Cindy

Anonymous said...

This may be a silly question since I've never seen anyone do it but can you freeze corn in the cob for use later. If so how do you cook it from the freezer. I mean like putting it in the freezer straight from the field.

Staci at Life At Cobble Hill Farm said...

Anonymous - yes, you can freeze corn on the cob but no, not straight from the field. It must be husked and blanched for 3 minutes in boiling water. That being said, I personally have never done this as I've heard from many others it's too watery.

I believe the only way to cook it from the freezer is to boil it.

Hope this helps!