11.16.2013

6 Weeks of Fudge - Week #2: Quick and Easy Rocky Road Fudge


So basically, this is cheating.  You aren't using a candy thermometer or worrying about the temp, cook times, or anything else.  You're dumping it in a pan, letting it sit at low heat until melted, adding a few more ingredients, and pouring it in a pan to set.  And let me tell you, it's delicious.  I have always loved Rocky Road fudge and this doesn't disappoint.


Quick and Easy Rocky Road Fudge
Makes 1 8-inch pan

Unsalted butter for buttering the dish if using foil
1 - 12oz package + 1 cup chocolate chips {or 20 ounces of chocolate}*I use a combination of 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet and 1 cup milk chocolate, but you could do all semi-sweet or all milk chocolate*
1 - 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Line an 8-inch pan with either aluminum foil, parchment paper, or food-safe waxed paper.  If using foil, lightly butter the aluminum foil.

In a medium size pan over low heat, add the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.  Stir until the chips are melted and all are combined.

Take the pan off the stove and stir in vanilla, then nuts and marshmallows.

Pour into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a spatula, and let sit at least 6 hours prior to cutting.  When all set, lift out the foil/waxed paper and peel it off the fudge.  Place the fudge on a cutting board to cut as desired.

3 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I really like this recipe! No fooling with a candy thermometer sounds great. I always get worried that I'll mess up recipes that are really technical and specific on the temperature, so this recipe is awesome!

Mary Ann said...

Aha! I was just asked yesterday if I would be making fudge for Christmas again this year. Oh, now I see I WILL! :-) This will get added to the repertoire, thank you!

born ambitious. born imaginative. said...

Stop this! You are going to turn me into a hephalump...I keep trying your delicious ideas and then eating them all up. Mmm!